Position Description Announcement
Media Production Director–Media/Technology
St. Matthews United Methodist Church
600 E. Florida Street, Greensboro, NC 27406
Phone (336) 272-4505
Position Type: Salary Range $21,500-$25, 000, yearly. Work Hours: 25 Hours per week
HOW TO APPLY: Submit the following credentials: Cover letter, Resume to Church Email: email@example.com. Please submit a Creative Video file of your work (Google video file) (2-minute maximum) and or portfolio of work to the email shown above. The position is also posted on the Church website: http://d81.0ad.mywebsitetransfer.com.
St. Matthews United Methodist Church is seeking an experienced and qualified Media Production Director to join our ministry team. This position is essential to support live streaming of worship services and the growing online ministry of the church. The Director will oversee audio, video, and live production activities for the church, including live streaming of Sunday Worship and other church-wide events. This position requires a person who possesses flexibility, creativity and problem-solving skills as well as excellent technical skills. The Director must be able to work effectively with other members of the ministry team as well as the laity. This person reports to the Pastor & Media Chairperson. A successful background check is required for this position prior to hire. The essential duties below is not an exhaustive list of duties and the person in the role will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organization and the overalls objectives of the organization.
- High level of knowledge and skill in video technology, filming, editing and streaming
- Ability to manage and maintain web pages.
- Ability to work on weekends (Sunday mornings mandatory)
- Ability to manage the AV budget and perform regular maintenance and upgrades to existing equipment.
- Friendly, professional demeanor and ability to work in teams.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to recruit, lead, schedule, and work with a team of volunteers.
- Proven ability to manage time and multiple priorities while driving toward excellent results, with a high level of attention to detail on short timelines.
- Dependable, responsible and self-motivated; taking initiative to get the task done.
- Willingness to tackle additional projects and responsibilities as requested.
- Detail oriented, good editing, writing, punctuation and proofreading skills necessary.
- Experience recruiting, developing, and deploying volunteer teams of all ages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility in scheduled work hours based upon special events and regular weekend services.
- Ability to fulfill the physical, mental and emotional requirements of the position, and work within the necessary work environments.
Essential Duties (Organizational & Leadership Responsibilities):
- Creates and live stream videos for weekend services, weekly bible study special events, conferences, concerts and productions/special request as schedule allows.
- Produces promotions, commercials and testimonials as schedule allows that increases the visibility of the church internally and externally.
- Determines time and budget needed for videos.
- Prepares background slides for worship songs, announcements, sermons; works with the communications team as needed to produce slides and graphics.
- Keeps up with current design trends, video editing and animation.
- Keeps video area organized neat and ensures equipment is locked and secured.
- Provide Media Ministry Chair input on any technical needs or equipment purchases.
- Responsible for the church’s website/all social media platforms and updated weekly.
Position Requirements/Skill Set:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in video production, or the equivalent of 5+ years of related experience.
- Proven experience with HD cameras and lenses; proven experience in the proper use of composition, technique, color, style, and movement. Independent shooting experience required.
- Proficiency in live video streaming via You Tube and other social platforms production, video switcher, camera, matrix router, recording gear, and digital video equipment/ software, i.e. Final Cut Pro, Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and MS Office. V-mix, Stream-labs, Split. Wire-cast, Light stream, etc.
- Experience with film-style field lighting .Knowledge and experience with proper field audio techniques, including microphone type selection and placement. Ability to troubleshoot audio problems and sweeten in post- production (Sweetening is a sound design practice in which additional audio and effects are used to enhance audio already recorded).