40 Days of Fasting (March 7-April 20)
“Give Up and Give Back”
Through fasting, we are more spiritually aware of God’s presence, power and are able to see Him more clearly. We are able to see what he demands from us and what he wants us to do. Biblical fasting always goes hand in hand with prayer, so we ask you to pray every day at noon for three specific areas:
- Scriptural Holiness: Greater devotion to live scripturally holy lives (reading and following the Word).
- Evangelism: Creating disciples of Christ through effectively spreading the Word.
- Giving of oneself for others: Read Matthews 25:31-46 then put Jesus’ teachings into practice by choosing an act of service to perform throughout Lent.
Guidelines for Fasting
- 6 a.m. – 6 p.m.: No breads, sodas or sweets
- 6 p.m. – 6 a.m.: Only water, juice and fruit smoothies; NO SOCIAL NETS
Please contact your physician before starting any fast.
Sunday Morning Worship Services are held at 8:30am and 11:00am. If you are not a part of a Bible Class, you are invited you to attend one during this Lenten Season. We look forward to God’s guidance and blessings as we share in this time of fasting and prayer.